søndag 26. august 2012

Communication works for those who works with it


In todays society communication is important. The communication channels are developing all the time and it´s not easy to keep up with the change. If you can’t communicate you cant get far in world. Because every part of your life is depending on communication; your clothing choice, makeup, body language, your eyes say allot, walk, talk, language skills, expressions etc. It’s a two-way communication, so every single thing matter for how the other person will react and how you will react on his responding. There can become some misunderstandings because you didn’t quite now how to use communication in a good way, and then you will get a respond you didn’t hope for. It is also important in the organizational life and the working life in general. Since it will create common understanding environment between the employees and management. And it increases also the productivity in the organization, like the employee’s productivity.

It´s allot of stuff you need to think about to create good communication and to develop you communication skills. I study Sociology and Political science back in Norway and here I´m taking communication, media, business and economic classes. The reason for that is that I might want to work with Human Resources later on and communication is one of the most important things in Human Resources. In generally I love to talk, and I also talk way too much sometimes. Have you ever experienced standing and talking to someone and trying to convince him or her but then they totally misunderstand the whole thing? Well I have, since I get sometimes to enthusiastic about something but don’t use communication in a good way so it ends up with confusion. I would love to learn good communication, how to persuade people and make them believe me even if I told a lie (Not that I want to tell lies, but it can come in handy).

Good communication includes also active listening and forming constructive criticism. That’s a side I´m bad at, specially the active listening since I talk way to much. I worked for a year now in a organization called AIESEC, that I worlds biggest student driven organization. I was the Project Manager for a semester and then the Vice President. Something I learned from that period of time is that I have to listen more and give more constructive criticism. Also no matter how great ideas you have if you cant communicate properly nobody will do as you told them and you will have to do everything by your self at the end. Triple work!



I just want a tree to be a understood as a tree.. 

5 kommentarer:

  1. Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.

    SvarSlett
  2. Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.

    SvarSlett
  3. The post was a nice read, Sumea. I like the fact that you have clear thoughts about your weak points with regard to effective communication and that shows willingness to improve. However, I would have liked your post to be a bit more personalised. Since you had a pretty long introduction talking about the importance of effective communication, an anecdote or two in between could have made the post a bit more engaging.
    There were a few language problems that I noticed and by correcting them, I am sure your post can have a much greater impact on readers. Few of the mistakes that I could not overlook were,
    1. In the title, "Communication works with those who work with it".
    2. In the first line, it is "In today's".
    3. Because every part of life is depending on communication --> Because every part of life is dependent on communication.
    There were a few typos that I noticed too. Thus, I suggest you go through your post, a couple of times before you post it.
    Since I have noticed in class that you are a person with very powerful views, I am sure that at the end of this course you would be a very powerful and effective communicator.

    SvarSlett
  4. Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.

    SvarSlett
  5. Sumea, I like this post. You start with a general intro to the topic then focus well on the main gist of this assignment, illustrating your needs through many concrete examples of communication contexts along with your needs and weaknesses. I especially appreciate it when you mention the roles you've held, such as being president of that student organization. Like Chandra mentions though, a specific anecdote or two would have enlivened this post. Your experience is novel, so tell us about it!

    Here are a few more issues:

    1) Because every part of your life is depending on communication; your clothing choice, makeup, body language, your eyes say allot, walk, talk, language skills, expressions etc. >>>
    Because every part of your life is depending on communication;

    >>> (or?)

    Because your choice of clothing and makeup (or choice not to use it), your body language, your eye contact, your style of walk, your speech and other language skills, such as the expressions you use, all say something about who you are, we can rightfully say that every part of your life communicates.

    2) so every single thing matter >>> so every single thing matterS

    3) how you will react on his responding. >>> how you will react upon his response.

    4) There can become some misunderstandings >>> Some misunderstandings can happen

    5) Since it will create common understanding environment between the employees and management. >>> This is a sentence fragment. Google search that, or check out the Purdue Online Writing Lab website.

    6) Sociology and Political science >>> Why capitalize?

    7) Human Resources >>> Why capitalize?

    8) It´s allot of stuff you need to think about... >>> There are many variables one needs to think
    about...

    9) that I worlds biggest student driven organization. >>> ???

    As Chandra also states, a bit more editing before posting seems in order. In any case, thank you for your effort!

    SvarSlett