tirsdag 13. november 2012

# 5: Final presentation - A lesson for life


Nervousness, bad day, huge, human being, lesson to learn


There I was standing, trying to imagine that it was ODE and Science Club members sitting in front of me. The sweat was dripping down my face...what was going on?? I have never been nervous for a presentation in my life, but there I was. I forgot every word, forgot what I was supposed to talk about. Ehm.. was the only thing that came out of my mouth. The "ehm" that I find so annoying when people present. It was coming out of my mouth this time..

No, I had to pull myself together and just do it. Like usual. What I am known for. If I don’t know the stuff, I just improvise. But I knew this stuff so well. 

It all started this morning when I was turned down for an internship back home. It ruined my entire day, it was all I could think about. My dream internship went down the drain and so did my presentation.

Ehhm.. 

I finished the presentation faster then anyone could turn around, half of the stuff I wanted to say I forgot. I shouldn’t let myself be influenced by anything, I shouldn’t have read the mail. But what’s done is done, and looking on the bright side it was a lesson. Next time I know that no matter what happens I need to relax and not think about it.

When the question round started my brain turned on again and I could easily answer the questions without any problems. I just wish my brain turned on a little bit earlier…

3 kommentarer:

  1. Hey Sumea,the presentation is over already,don't feel too sad about it,cheer up!:) Anyway,I saw on Facebook that you got another job,so everything turns out well in the end! Back to commenting on your presentation, I feel that your performance on that day was not as good as you did during peer teaching and I was still wondering what had caused the drop in the standard. However,your blog answered my query. It is really a shame that you were not in the mood during the presentation if not I believe you will definitely put up a really good show! I had seen your improvisation skill during mock oral presentation and I was quite amazed how you can spontaneously come up with a story within a few minutes. Nevertheless, like what you mentioned, take this experience as a form of lesson and make sure you are not easily swayed by your emotions for subsequent presentation.

    SvarSlett
  2. Sumea Mama,

    I am so sorry to hear about the rejection. I didn’t know about it, and silly girl, it must have been painful to keep it inside you so as not to influence us that day. The late night must have affected you as well. Though you were not on form, I thought the fact that you are still able to deliver your part well after receiving such a bad news to ruin your day was amazing. I would not have been able to do as well as you. Nonetheless as what Yeawen have suggested, we should learn to control our emotions and be professional about it. Especially in the workplace, we have to ensure that we keep our emotions in check. But you have done a good job, so don’t be too hard on yourself!

    Shiying

    SvarSlett
  3. I always look at the bright side. Thanks for the support girls, I appreciate it!

    SvarSlett